5:45 a.m.... time to wake up. Girls.. get up.. or as I usually sing (thanks to my dear friend the one and only Jim Higgins) "Wake-up wake-up the dew is on the buttercup - the days begun - here comes the sun - wake up, wake up, wake up!" tee-tee, brush teeth, make beds, make breakfast, lunches, hair, backpacks out the door... of course we could not leave out the whining and overall grumpiness. In the car very possible a fight might break out over what Hannah Montana song to listen to. Pull into school one hand on steering wheel the other holding tiny hands pray for a good day door open first child out. And we are off (hopefully without being pulled over by police IN CAR LINE for going over school zone limit) next child, next school, same process. My day begins ... Laundry, work, husband, finances, dance practice, dinner, birthday parties did I mention laundry?
I may fuss sometimes about how out of control our life seems so much of the time I guess we really are just roller coaster people. Life would just not seem quite as exciting if it always went according to plan. So as you creep to the very tip top of your breaking point love on your whining children, comfort your stressed husband, hug your exhausted friends and then throw your hands up high and scream with laughter!!!!
This is one of my all time favorite clips from a movie.... Love her! (don't forget to hit pause on the music playlist ant bottom of blog)





4 comments:
Hey I'm with her! I like me the roller coaster too!!
You're right... I feel the same way... that's the only way to really live... fearing the uphill climbs and screaming with laughter on that freefall straight downhill. Thanks for making me feel a little more normal.
First of all,I love "Angel from Montgomery". Bonnie Raitt does a version with Lyle Lovett that's my favorite.
I often think "Here we go again" before my feet hit the floor in the morning. Your song to wake the girls is so sweet. I bribe Aidan with Toaster strudels or pancakes.
Hey yes Love that song also... I actually saw her an Lyle together years ago it was great!
Post a Comment