Kevin and I just got back from a fabulous trip to England. We have friends that live in Oswestry which is a small town just a few miles from the Welsh border. The views and the architecture were breathtaking and the photos DO NOT do it justice. It was so great that we had our own personal tour guides... thanks to Wilf, Caroline, Emma & Sophie. I think the total head count of the invasion of the Alabamians was 14. Yes we basically took over the hotel.... the 450 year old hotel!!!!!! Oh which brings me to another story.
One morning the guys were getting up early to play golf so Kevin had already left our room. I was in bed and felt something hit the bed. I was on my stomach and did not move. THEN..... I felt someone lay on top of me.... yes you heard it. So I was lying there very still thinking if I screamed could my Aunt Sue hear me across the hall. THEN... I heard a noise in the hall and my door to my room closed. So I jumped up totally freaked out got dressed and went downstairs. I saw Sue and told her what happened and she said oh my gosh the door to your room was open when I came down the hall. Since I have found out the sweet little night porter Norman's brother died in the hotel and the reason Norman works night is because he sees him sometimes. AHHHHHH!!!! Of all people this happens to me. It is one thing to see a ghost but when they touch you.... shut up. I guess I will never know exactly who or what that was????
Anyway.... we cannot thank our wonderful host enough and can't wait to see them next year for the "British Invasion 2010"!!! woohoooo

Todd taking over bar and scaring poor little Norman

BRRRRRRR.......

Belly up boys!!!
After the guys played golf they met us in Shrewsbury for the afternoon.
woohooooo!!! Taters Taters!!!
One of the many door photos I took that I am planning on framing.
The lake district
The view out of our window.... 800 year old church in Oswestry.
Mark & Tracy

Hanging out at Wilsons
Street Artist in Shrewsbury
Shopping in Chester
Kevin and I at Chirk Castle
Kevin on the 12th hole at Wilf's golf club... he was in heaven!
Powis Castle which is one of Prince Charles's "homes" that he use to visit with Diana.
Those are boxwoods to the right of the castle.... incredible.
Shopping in downtown Oswestry
BEAUTIFUL Sopie and her sweet papa Wilf.





2 comments:
Shut it! I can't believe that happen to you...how crazy!!!
Love the pictures...beautiful! Hope I can go one day. I was born in Germany and plan to go one day.
OK, so jealous. What a FABULOUS trip! I love the picture of you & Kevin (especially that Raspberry Beret, girl) and the one of Kevin look over the golf course.
And hey, I keep telling you that you look great..... even the ghosts can't keep their hands off you!
Post a Comment